OSAMA SILWADI is a Palestinian Photojournalist born in Ramallah, Palestine. 1973. Silwadi began his career in 1992, as a freelance photographer for various local newspapers and later worked for Agence France-Presse (AFP)for three years. Then worked for Reuters Seven years and later he has worked for the French photo agency GAMMA as permanent correspondent in Palestine. Currently, Osama has embarked on a project to properly document Palestinian heritage and folklore, In October 2006, Osama Silwadi was critically shot by two stray bullets fired from an armed demonstrator walking in front of his office in downtown Ramallah. He was Paralyzed from the waist down and would not be able to walk again. Osama believes in the essentiality of photography work in our context to document the events that are going around. His determination inspires and enriches his students in addition to nourishing the role of photographing as a solid pillar of the journalism work in Palestine. Osama will continue to enrich the field of photography unconditionally for a long time to come which instilling in him a joy of commitment to the career.
● Palestinian Woman Constant Giving and Creativity in1997,
● Here We Are, a photo book featuring Palestinian daily life In 2005
● Palestine … How Are You? featuring daily life pictures of Palestine. In 2008
● The Siege, the siege of the late Palestinian President Yasser Arafat In 2008
● Al Quds, Photos of Jerusalem under occupation In 2010
● The Queens Of Silk" featuring the Palestinian traditional dress In 2012
● The Revelation of Stones, The Palestinian Architecture Heritage In 2014
● Mr. Palestine, Portraits of Late President Yasser Arafat, In 2014
● The Wildflowers of Palestine, In 2016
● Canaanite Jewelry, Traditional Ornaments and Jewelry, In 2017
● Palestine 1995 - Ministry of Culture. Personal exhibition. Daily life Stories.
● Palestine 1996 - Ministry of Culture Group exhibition. Intifada Pictures
● U.S.A 1998- George Town University Arab Students Club. Personal exhibition. Memory of Al-Nakbah.
● Palestine 1999 - Birzeit University Group exhibition. Feature Palestinian Bedouin life
● Italy1999 Rome - Penile. Group Exhibition included youth artists from
Middle East and Europe. Portraits “Palestinian Bedouin’s Life”
● Egypt 2001 - AUC Sony Gallery. Personal exhibition - Intifada Al-Aqsa
● U.S.A 2001- Ohio Arts Council. Group exhibition - Aspirations Toward A Future in the Middle East
● Egypt 2009 Ahmad Shawqi Gallery. Personal exhibition. Photos of Jerusalem
● Palestine 2010 - Ramallah Cultural Palace. Personal Exhibition. The Siege.
Photo from the Siege of Late President Yasser Arafat
● Jordan 2014 - Cairo Amman Bank Gallery. Personal Exhibition. The Queens
of Silk. Featuring the Palestinian costumes.
● UAE 2014 - Emirates Writers Union / Abu Dhabi. Personal Exhibition. The
Queens of Silk. Featuring the Palestinian costumes.
The most remarkable Coverage Events
● The establishment of the Palestinian Authority in 1994
● The first Palestinian elections in 1996
● Documentation of the Palestinian Bedouin life from 1997 until 2000
● Documentation of the Palestinian heritage project from 1999 until present
● The Israeli Occupation Invasion of Ramallah in 2002
● The Siege on Palestinian President Yasser Arafat in 2003
● The Sickness and death of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat in 2004
● The legislative elections in 2006
Rewards and Honors
● 2000 Honored by Palestinian Syndicate of Journalists
● 2002 Honored by Media Develop Centre of Birzeit University
● 2003 Honored by Palestinian Journalists Syndicate
● 2010 Honored by Al Jazeera international Film Festival
● June 2012 Holds The Palestinian Golden Medal of Merit and Excellency
● December -2014 honored by the General Union of Palestinian writers